Thursday, June 18, 2015

HAA recap video and a little more

Here's a  video summary of the ride produced by Clarity Creative. Short and sweet.


I don't think the full impact of this HAA ride will hit me until I go back to my old routines. 

At a minimum I think it will be strange to go back to the same place more than 2 days in a row. I'm looking forward to this after 84 days on the road. And I am  looking forward to some home-cooked dinners and some bland simple lunches. I'd  be afraid to check my cholesterol after all of these rich meals I've enjoyed day in and out. 

Flying home today I looked at the plane's trajectory with a new appreciation. There's a new found familiarity with many of the cities we flew over. But crazy to see all of my riding undone in a 6 1/2 hour flight. In hindsight I should have booked a flight with 12 connecting stops. Next time... ;-)

While on the journey I had some physically challenging days, but rarely felt exhausted.
Now after 3 days off my bike, I'm feeling spent. Crazy.

I'm realizing that I don't have any photos on this posting. Not to break tradition, here's a few shots from the AHA's Heart Ball’s 100th Anniversary celebration. This was a fitting conclusion to our adventure. It also was our 25th wedding anniversary. Like small children, we both pretended the whole  event was to celebrate our anniversary. It's also fun to post some pictures where we are out of our biking attire!

At hotel, all dressed up and somewhere to go!
 

Early in the evening we met with Dr. Mehmet Oz and talked with him at length about Don. He showed a lot of interest, sympathy and caring. 

Visiting with Dr. Oz: We were truly comforted by his empathy 


 Taking a minute to enjoy the skyline views

Visiting with Steve Pine and David Smith 

 My favorite shot of the night

4 comments:

  1. Nice entry, my question yo you is, you say you are ready for simply bland lunches? I thought you were having Subway sandwiches everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see another blog post :) You all clean up wonderfully! Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you're not riding, the adrenaline isn't pumping through your body! Haha ... love Diana's Subway comment :) And yes, this is a nice blog post with beautiful pictures ... WOW, you two look great out of your cycling togs! Happy 25th Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete